SlurrySep provides rapid settling of concrete and stone slurries
SlurrySep Clay Based Separating Agents General Overview
Wastewaters contain a mixture of solids (both suspended and colloidal), dissolved metals and organic compounds. While there are many options available to remove these contaminants, most involve multiple steps and a considerable amount of time for the process.
The traditional approach to pre-treating waste streams for discharge or re-use typically involved:
- Adjusting pH to break oil emulsions and precipitate dissolved metals;
- Adding coagulants to aid agglomeration of metals into a small masses;
- Adding polymers (polyelectrolytes) to help form larger masses (flocs) for removal, as well as clarify effluent.
SlurrySep eliminates these laborious, multi-step processes. All SlurrySep formulas are a non-hazardous blend of sodium bentonite clay, minerals and other proprietary resources. SlurrySep offers generators of various waste streams a safe, simple, and cost-effective means for pre-treatment and disposal. In addition, SlurrySep eliminates the need for handling and storing liquid chemicals used in traditional waste water treatment systems.
SlurrySep process can be described as follows:
- Acidic components release and cause oily particles to de-emulsify and separate from water.
- Cationic polymers attract any remaining oil and highly charged anions.
- A base component helps precipitate metal hydroxides.
- Wastewater is now in a condition known as flocculation, where cationic molecules and metallic ions are all attracted to the clay and form larger masses.
- Clay particles begin to stick together, entrapping other components and surrounding them completely, a process known as micro-encapsulation.
- Encapsulated particles are ready to be de-watered and disposed of properly as a non-hazardous waste.
- This entire process is completed within minutes and does not require any operator intervention or “jar testing.” SlurrySep combines all components of traditional pre-treatment into one single step.
- Non-reactive, non-hazardous (as opposed to liquid caustic and acidic coagulants).
- Packaged in 50# bags or bulk super sacks for easy storage and movement.
- Easier containment/clean-up in case of spill.
- Semi-granular and granular blends minimize exposure to fine dust.
- Can be easily introduced to a waste stream with an auger type dry feeder.
Decrease Process Time
- SlurrySep combines multiple functions of traditional treatment scheme almost simultaneously, into one simple step.
- Base clays used in all SlurrySep blends are cationically charged, allowing faster precipitation and settling of metal hydroxides.
- Typical treatment time required for full reaction is less than ten minutes.
- Effective treatment on different types of waste streams with a pH of 2-12.
- Can utilize in batch or in-line treatment schemes and in most cases with existing equipment.
- Removes /lowers: heavy metals, TSS, oils and other organic /inorganic matter.
- Several blends to accommodate various waste streams and conditions.
- Requires very little operator interface.
- Only one product to add and maintain.
- Generate a solid waste which is microencapsulated and considered non-hazardous.
- SlurrySep is a clay based product, which is easily pressed and dewatered.
- Clay based products are more forgiving if overdosing occurs.
- High affinity for metals, organics, and other contaminants.
- Proven technology for nearly 30 years.